The Sign Language Development Department implements social rehabilitation, provides help and support in learning Latvian sign language, creating the client’s skills of sign language practical use, increasing vocabulary of signs, thus facilitating his social integration, and contributes to the development of Latvian sign language and adult education, carries out publishing activities.
• Provides social rehabilitation services to disabled persons with hearing impairment,
• Prepares materials for sign language learning (Latvian sign language dictionaries, DVD),
• Publishes materials for sign language learning (dictionaries),
• Organises sign language courses for sign language interpreters,
• Organises sign language courses for interested individuals (people with unimpaired hearing),
• Prepares and implements projects.
Sign language development department – address and opening hours
Address: Elviras str 19 k-3 (303.), Riga, LV – 1083
2 TRAM to the stop Elvira STREET
4 TRAM to the stop DZIRCIEMA STREET
9 and 25.TROLEJBUS to the stop KULDĪGAS STREET
4, 4Z., 21, 38 and 46 to the stop BUS KULDĪGAS STREET
Nearest train stop: STATION “ZASULAUKS”
Phone during working hours and SMS / text: +371 26350913
E- mail: [email protected]
8:30 – 17:00
You can register for the sign language courses in office of LNS RC, by calling us or sending an e-mail.